Sustainable F.A.R.M. Fund
Sustainable Food, Agriculture, Relationships and Markets
The F.A.R.M. Fund was dreamed up in the Spring of 2015 as a way for the Co-op to support innovative projects that strengthen and develop local, sustainable agriculture on Orcas Island. Currently F.A.R.M. Fun grants are funded by a combination of .05% of all 2016 Produce Department Sales and funds raised as part of our Coins for Community program.
Applications for the 2017 FARM Fund Grant are now open! We will be applications through January 28 2017.
- Build the market and/or strengthen infrastructure for local farms
- Encourage ecological and socially responsible stewardship of our farmland
- Support projects that directly advance the local farming community
- Increase community access to, and awareness of healthy, organic food grown by local producers
- Benefit the Co-op membership
The Marketing and Outreach Committee will review applications and make recommendations to the Co-op Management Team who will make the final award decisions.
If you have any questions please contact our Produce & Marketing Manager Rhys Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org