The purpose of the Orcas Food Co-op is to increase local food production and enhance Orcas Island’s community food network by selling high-quality local and organic, non-GMO food and other household goods at the lowest feasible cost, and by educating customers and connecting them to helpful resources.
- 1. Equitable and affordable access to high quality, local and organic foods that support diverse nutritional needs.
- 2. A sustainable local food system with strong regional connections.
- 3. A resilient year-round local economy.
- 4. A successful business that demonstrates the cooperative model and practices environmental stewardship.
- 5. A welcoming community center, where islanders and visitors foster a growing network of knowledge, resources and skills, and share the common goal of healthy living.
- 6. A major employer that provides fair compensation in an atmosphere where staff, customers and members treat one another with warmth and respect.